Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) during its 43rd Annual General Meeting (AGM) showcased a new Mixed Reality solution, called Jio Glass. At the event, the company did not reveal about the pricing and the availability details about the product. However, a demo was shown by the Ambani cousins on stage as to how will it work exactly.
Reliance has said that the product will be used primarily for the education sector for the student-teacher interaction in a version of mixed reality. “Jio’s latest innovation, Jio Glass, is at the cutting edge of technology that provides best in-class Mixed Reality services to give users a truly meaningful immersive experience” RIL president Kiran Thomas said at the AGM while introducing it.
5 cool facts about Jio Glass
- Design- Jio Glass looks quite sleek in design and weighs just 75gm. The Glass as a camera fitted into the middle of two glasses. Not only the camera but the Jio Glass is also having a battery tucked into it along with built in speakers for the audio output.
- Audio and Video- It supports all the audio formats when it comes to audio and also HD quality video for a better viewing experience.
- Functionality- in terms of functionality, Glass is powered by Mixed Reality. This means that users can interact with others over a conference call, who can join them either in their 3D avatar of the regular 2D video call format. In addition, t that users also share and view content on a giant virtual screen.
- Voice commands- Jio Glass seems to be compatible with voice commands. While the company didn’t explicitly state it at the demo, however Kiran Thomas was able to call Akash Ambani and Isha Ambani simply by asking Jio, which presumably is the wake word for the virtual assistant powering Jio Glass to do so.
- App support- last but not the least the Jio Glass is already supporting 25 apps and the team is working on adding more supporting apps to its fray